Timeline for Online Rechartering:
· 60 days before your units expiration date, select an adult to be the renewal processor.
· The renewal processor attends the appropriate Coordinated Recharter date to receive training and the unit's Recharter Packet.
· 60-45 days before the unit's expiration date, the renewal processor clicks "Recharter Now"and begins the online Online Recharter process.
· When the Online Recharter is completed, print the completed charter renewal application.
· Obtain the unit leader, Chartered Organization Representative, and other required signatures. Bring the application along with material you received in your charter packet (such as the Quality Unit Application), and all appropriate fees to your District Charter turn-in meeting, or mail them to Scout Service center in Beaumont.
· Your unit's recharter date is the last chance to complete the process ON TIME and be eligible for the QUALITY UNIT AWARD.
· If the process is not completed by unit expiration date your recharter is LATE and you are INELIGIBLE TO BECOME A QUALITY UNIT.
· If the process is not completed by 60 days after years expiration date your unit will be "DROPPED" and NO LONGER EXISTS